We will send a download link to your email address
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form
User research can give you and your team incredible insights into customer problems, needs, and obstacles. User research will drive every business, marketing, and UX decision.
If you are an online store product manager, founder, or designer, you probably asked yourself these questions:
• What do our customers want?
• Why are or aren't they shopping in your online store?
• What problem does your product solves?
• What else can you offer to your customer?
• When do they have the problem that your product solves?
• What keeps them from not buying?
• What does your store from their perspective?
Those are basic questions, but they are very hard to know without a customer-oriented approach and extensive research.
Without conducting a usability test, you and your team are risking releasing new designs without defining the main problems and actions your customers are facing. In that case, you will direct your online store toward results governed by assumptions and the team's most influential person.
To avoid such an outcome, you will need real data to test your and your boss's assumptions. Until then, all you can rely upon is head-start over your competition until they catch up.
We can help by providing you and your team with independent data through extensive research. From that data, you will be able to make decisions based on research and facts.
• You find out how your users are segmenting and how are those groups different from each other
• You get to see and understand how customers use your store
• You will know how to align website to your customer base
• You learn what patterns your customers repeated while visiting your store
• You will know what your main store features are and how to enhance them
Let say that you do nothing about your store and user research. What happens? Does your store increase its conversion rates or they remain the same or even decrease?
If your eCommerce store has data on users that are still effective and produces consistent results, you should keep implementing them. But if your goal is to increase your conversion rate, improve your user experience and so on, you need to adapt your strategy. You will need to conduct new user research because your base target audience might have changed over some time.
Losing touch with your core customers is a downward spiral that will not stop until it reaches the bottom. Therefore not conducting user research frequently is a very damaging financial outcome.
The UX Audit report on user research will be about 30 - 50 pages, but we will present it easier to understand and implement a visual way. The report will cover the following:
• Competitors analysis
• Users pains and needs
• Users habits and behaviors
• Segmentation recommendations
• Engagement with the online store
• Content, messaging & language
We tailor the UX Audit to a specific area of your product experience (e.g., user on-boarding, checkout, etc.). We can discuss this on our first call together.
You will also get a one-hour video conference (or in-person if you are in NYC) where we go over the audit findings to start a conversation with your team that lasts long after our engagement ends.
The pricing starts at $5,500 and depends on the complexity and number of platforms (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet) for which you need user research.
Many teams use traditional usability testing, which can often be time-consuming due to recruiting participants and planning the sessions. Usability testing can easily take six weeks or longer.
UX Audits can be done faster, generally within 3 – 4 weeks. After a UX Audit, many teams still do usability testing, but that testing is far more informed and focused due to the insights from the UX audit.
Depending on your needs, the following may also include:
• Competitor analysis: Reviewing the UX of a competitor product can help provide your team with actionable examples of what to do and what not to do.
• Conceptual wireframes: Based on the recommendations from the UX Audit, I can create wireframes for critical pages of the experience, to help communicate ideas and jumpstart your team's design process.
• Support as you implement: As your team acts on the recommendations, we can participate through reviewing designs, giving feedback, and serving as a second set of eyes.
Now, as every first-time client, you might be wondering the following:
• this will not fit into our product schedule
• the service product that I will receive will not be actionable
• we are not sure when we will collect the service product
• not sure about the quality
• how will the communication be
Rest assured that we understand you and that the product will be ready on agreed time, actionable, high-quality, and bespoke communication. We have 11 years of working experience with various sized companies through different stages.
We developed our skillset with you in mind. Our communication and deliverables are designed and presented so you can start implementing it immediately. There is no need to overburden your team with massive data documents.
We also provide free educational resources for our audience. That way, we make sure we give back to the community. Through community, we also get direct feedback from people within the industry what ongoing problems are occurring.
40 design hours per week
80 design hours per week
160 design hours per week
Business, Technology, Creative, Blog, News
Access to all 10+ categories
Web & mobile
Web, mobile, and third-party sources